Sunday, May 18, 2008

Prince Caspian

I really enjoyed the movie. It wasn't perfect, but it was a lot of fun.

It would have been better if Prince Caspian and Peter were GAY together, though. C'mon, who else thought they had chemistry? No? Nobody? Shit.

My only major problem with the movie was the creepy Christian parts. Maybe it's because I'm a godless heathen, but I didn't like how Susan and Lucy (and the other females) didn't get to do THAT much. Sure, Susan got to shoot things, but she didn't participate as much as I'd have liked. It was quite a bit more realistic than most fantastic depictions of women in war (especially considering her AGE), but can't we have a happy medium between the two extremes? PLEASE.

Edmund is still pretty much the best character in the movies. Lucy was adorable, Susan was attractive enough, Peter was pretty hot, but EDMUND is amazing. Just in general. Edmund always was my favorite character; to me, his vague storyline does sum up the best parts of Christianity. Forgiveness should be attainable for everyone. But that gets me started on how shortchanged Susan was - seriously, just because she wanted to be attractive she didn't make it to Heaven/Narnia. That's a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle too old-fashioned for me. (I hope they change that in the movie(s). Purists may hate me, but JESUS, they're only based on the books. They're not the same thing. If it enhances the storyline, then I'm for it. That's obviously a subjective thing to say, blah blah blah, but it's how I feel. So there. Ha.)

Also, MOAR GAY ORGIES.

No comments: