Friday, April 11, 2008

I don't waaaaaaaaaaaaant to make up my mind.

Besides being bitter about being smart, I'm also bitter about relationships. Maybe I'm just bitter about everything! Who knows? I don't.

But seriously. The good news is I'm interested in someone new. The baaaaaaaaaad news is I don't think he's interested in me. ohnoez. On the bright side, we're sort-of-not-really-talking on myspace. Ugh, whatever. I don't even care anymore.

Also, how can I not love a chick who quotes from A Black And White Cartoon About Berries? David Firth makes sexy cartoons. I'm just sayin'. If I could be reincarnated as anyone, I'd want to be reincarnated as David Firth. (And how can I not love a chick who thinks that I could be a David Firth-type person? Seriously. "It's wierd (sic). It's like something you'd do." Fine, so that was like... 5 years ago (holy SHIT that's a long time), but it still holds true.)

Goddammit.

So back to the gifted thing: "Truly gifted children are marginalized in most schools, and often become underachievers. Gifted children are often not the head of their class. Bright children tend to be the achievers, not gifted children. Gifted children are misfits in the educational system."

That's assuming that gifted kids are in the top 2% of IQ tests, obviously. Anyway. Speaking as a highly alienated gifted kiddie, yeah. The thing is, I never learned the importance of working hard, because I never had to. I certainly should take the majority of the blame for that (at least in this stage of my life - hello, legal adult here), but it's a lot harder to start now than it would have been if anyone had ever bothered to explain that you really do have to put in effort. At least in the real world. Too bad I don't have to yet.

One more thing - I'm completely infuriated by the fact that everyone seems to think that there's only one right answer in the fuzzy languages and arts. Um, hell no. The worst thing is that they all pay lip service to the idea that "oh sure there are plenty of answers blah blah blah," but they really don't believe it. Psh.

No comments: